Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Mad World

So I saw the kidney guy yesterday.  My blood pressure was like a gazillion over a gazillion and even though I told the nurse that my blood pressure is always high when I come to the kidney doctor, and I think it is a mix of nerves and them taking my blood pressure with a tiny ass cuff around my wrist - she didn't try to take it again on my upper arm.  I mean, I know I am big, but they do make cuffs for big people.

The nurse asked if I needed refills and I said yes, I did need refills for my Enablex and for Percoset. The kidney guy gave me 20 Percoset in March (right before I had my cancerous tumor burnt out of my kidney).

Finally the kidney guy comes in and he asks how I am feeling.  I tell him that I am feeling several different kind of ways.  That I have pretty fairly recurrent pain on my left flank, that my bladder symptoms are really aggravated by stress, and that I have had a lot of stress lately.  

Blinking back tears (because that is apparently what I do when I see the kidney guy), I told him that I have had 3 different jobs this year.  That the day he told me I had probably-cancer, I went to my place of employment and was informed I would need to reapply for my job with another employer.  I had definitely-cancer and that sucked and that the stress made my bladder symptoms worse.  

And before I could stop myself the words "and my german shepherd died in the back seat of my car in the middle of the night on the way to the emergency vet"came spewing from my mouth.



And he said "you're starting to sound like a country song, Amy".

Which, I maybe was, but fuck him for saying that.  That has been my life in 2014.  

So the good news is I didn't punch him in the face, and I don't have any cancer growing in my kidneys.  

Bad news is that I have 6 small stones in my left kidney and 1 large stone in my right.  And the medicine that I could benefit from taking to prevent stones may cause more irritation to my bladder. And so why don't you do another 24 hour urine collection, because you haven't done one for two years.  

I'll save my Doctor Shopping story for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment