Sunday, March 21, 2010

My life is now complete

I had planned on writing an in-depth, massive review about the Muse concert I experienced last weekend. After starting the review several times, I figured I would go with this:

(New Born video graciously and awesomely taken by Hexydes)



The whole concert experience was great. As someone who has followed Muse (somewhat obsessively) for many years but never had the opportunity to see them live, I was SO pleased.



Pleased to see Matt's weird shuffle dance in Time is Running Out. Pleased to get to touch one of the eyeball balloons. Pleased to see these 3 people looking like they really enjoy playing for an audience.




The concert exceeded my expectations. I know that this kind of music is not everyone's cup of tea. Neither is the love it or hate it voice of Matt Bellamy. But for me, it was just perfect. And I hope that my Muse-noob friend Rachael has become a fan. I am so glad she made the shitty drive in the rain with me to Detroit.

Here is a link to my pretty mediocre photos from the concert


I have spent the last week being slightly bummed that the concert is over, and hoping that more US tour dates will be set for later this year. Which, I am now pretty sure is going to happen. If Muse comes to a city near you, go see them! You will be missing one of the most exciting live bands ever if you don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment