Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life

So, I have completed 3 weeks at the new job, and I could not be happier. I feel truly lucky that this opportunity was open while I was on the search for a new job.

I am finding it a challenge to make lesson plans for 12-18 month old children, but I am working it out. I'm also looking forward to starting the series of classes from Action for Children dealing with Infant and Toddler development. (Yes, I am that person who enjoys classes)

And when I am not at work, I have found myself glued to CNN watching coverage of the earthquake in Haiti. Tragic and heartbreaking and after a while I had to make myself turn it off. Granted, I haven't watched any other networks coverage, but CNN's reporters have done a really respectful, professional, and genuine job of covering the earthquake. From reading Anderson Coopers book, Dispatches from the Edge, I know that there is no other place in the world that he would have been.

I think there is a real reason that we identify with AC so much. He is just as messed up as the rest of us. And he has super awesome gray hair.

I will leave you with this for no real reason at all:

No comments:

Post a Comment